Popular Posts

Sunday 11 September 2011

Chips and dip



I was once lucky enough to be taken on holiday to the BVI.  We stayed in the most amazing villa high up in the hills.  I had never stayed anywhere quite as glamorous and suspect I never will again..... we had a maid for goodness sake! Her name was Lydia and she was a super cook.

One evening she did 'chips and dip'.  The dip was based on cottage cheese and all of our party bar me and the 12 year old thought it wasn't for them.  More fool them.  It was fabulous!  The 12 year old and I scoffed the lot with plain tortilla chips.  And had no room for supper but did we mind?

Here is Lydia's recipe exactly as she wrote it down for me:

Cottage Cheese Dip

1 cup cottage cheese
1 T.S mayo
1 T.S grated onion
3 dash worcestershire
2 T.S basil (chopped)
Dash cayenne (pep)

Mix well.

I have used the same approach but with cream cheese and added some chopped ham and walnuts.  Good spread on little bread rounds to have with a drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment